Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Neglecting Myself


I was talking with a friend the other day and started explaining how lately I've been trying to make more time for myself.

It seems funny to say that. I don't have any pets, no significant other and there are no kids vying for my attention. But despite my lack of "responsibilities," I still struggle to set aside time for what makes me happy. In an attempt to do everything, I end up missing out on what I really want to do. And if I'm facing this now, what happens when bigger things start taking up more of my time?

This blog is one attempt to make more time for what I love: writing and sharing my thoughts. I'm also making a solid effort to go to the gym a few times a week (even if that means before work *shudder*) and giving myself nights off to spend with my DVR.

Fast Company had an article recently about neglecting our own creativity and how to work around it. One of the big things I took from it was when everything is grabbing your attention, you don't give yourself time to be creative and discover new things.

So here's to being selfish and making time for me this week!

Ok, maybe not this week because I have a huge work event next week... But a solid work/life balance will be back in March!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I guess we all have to learn the same lesson!
    Love

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a funny lesson to learn -- especially when planning an event ;)

      Love, Lisa

      Delete