Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Lunch Room

There's nothing that can make you feel more like an Ann Arborite, than sitting in a vegan restaurant in the middle of Kerrytown. And after months of following The Lunch Room on Instagram and seeing all of their delicious animal product-free options, I finally got to stop in.

Their Instagram post about hot chocolate on a day when I was snowed in and losing my mind convinced me to get out of my apartment and head to Kerrytown. 



And what convinced me to come back? The adorable atmosphere, amazingly nice staff and this lunch combo.

This was gone in a matter of minutes...

I'm the type of person that can't order without asking a million questions and seeing if they can modify my dish just perfectly so. (If you've ever seen the movie, When Harry Met Sally, I'm Sally.) I know I'm being difficult, but I really appreciate when someone doesn't mind walking me through everything on their menu and explaining what's in the dish and how something is made. That's the kind of service you can expect at The Lunch Room.

I decided to order a lunch combo (which comes with two half sandwiches and a side) because it was so hard to pick one thing off of their menu. The mac and cheese and BBQ tofu slider were pretty good, but the tempeh reuben sandwich was my favorite! It had layers of sauerkraut, spicy "mayo" and grilled tempeh that was so briney and delicious, I wanted more! Plus the sauerkraut came from The Brinery, a local shop.




I had to get the hot chocolate (non-dairy, of course!) and it was the perfect finish on a freezing and snowy day. 

They also had the cutest table signs / decor.
I definitely need to come back for another reuben and to check out their brunch menu. Even for a non-vegan, the food here is definitely worth at least one stop in!

Lunch Room on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment