Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Vegas Work-cation

First off, this blog title is a joke because my impending work week in Vegas will be the farthest thing from any sort of vacation; but hey, it's still a trip to Vegas!

I manage marketing for a manufacturing company and we have one of our biggest trade shows in Las Vegas next week: IFPE 2014. It's a fluid power show co-exhibiting with a major construction show, so needless to say, my normal Vegas outfits won't be welcome -- especially around co-workers and customers! And even though all I'll want to do after a long day at the show is curl up in bed and watch TV, I know I'll be up and down the Strip managing customer dinners and showing people around.

Technically I'm staying at the Wynn; though I'm only be here a few hours that week...
I've been in the manufacturing industry for the past four years and I've managed to keep a sense a style without looking too ridiculous at corporate events. After a day in a company branded polo and dress pants, I need to dress like a 20-something! This would be my perfect Vegas work night outfit.
Work Appropriate in Vegas

I would put cute shoes on this list; but I'll honestly be in the comfiest flats I can find (I've even been known to go out in flip flops, oops.) An 8 hour show times 5 days equals really sore feet at the end of every night.

PS: I did manage to get one night for myself and I'm seeing Celine Dion in concert. I can't wait to see her perform!!

2 comments:

  1. Vegas is the best "work" get away .Love that color nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, it's hard to complain! And I'm obsessing over blue and purple nails this winter :)

      Delete